Editor’s note: YOU GUYS!!! I am so excited to introduce you to Holly, who is joining me as a regular contributor to Snap in 2014! She’s kicking things off with an amazing New Year’s Eve party printable you don’t want to miss!
DIY New Year’s Eve Hat and Crown Printable
Now that Christmas is over it’s time to start thinking about the New Year. Ring in the new year in style with these DIY printable 2014 hats and crowns. They are easy and affordable to make. Plus, they are sure to be an instant hit with your New Years Eve party guests.
You will need the following supplies: White Card stock paper, Printer, Printable PDF file(s), Scissors, Glue gun & glue, embellishments like glitter, rhinestones, pompoms, or sequins, headbands.
1. Download the PDF files for this 2014 New Years Crown & Hat.
2. Print the files onto white card stock, or upload the files to your favorite printer such as Office Max.
3. Cut out the crown and hat along the black edge.
4- Glue rhinestones, glitter, sequins, or embellishments to the crowns to add some sparkle. Feel free to skip this step if glitter isn’t your thing.
5- Using a glue gun, glue the edge of the crown to your headband. I got my headbands at Wal-Mart, two for 88 cents.
6- Fold the crown into a cone, and glue along the edge.
7- Using sharp scissors, or a hole punch, punch a hole on each side of the cone hat.
8- Slide your headband through the holes. You may use elastic or ribbon instead of the headband, but I found the head band is easier to wear.
10- Give your trendy hats and crowns to each party guest.
11- Have a great time ringing in the new year in style!
Latest posts by Holly Jones (see all)
- Weekly Blog Planner Printable - April 24, 2014
- Planning a Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt, Plus a Free Printable Invitation - March 27, 2014
- St. Patrick’s Day Treasure Hunt Printable - February 27, 2014