Popcorn completes every movie going experience and since the Academy Awards cover multiple movies, the popcorn should have a little extra pizzaz, no?
Hello, Golden Caramel Popcorn. You are delicious and addicting and I love you!
One of the best things about this super great caramel popcorn recipe is that the ingredients are so basic you probably have them in your house AND it only takes minutes.
Golden Caramel Popcorn
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- popped popcorn (I cheated and used two bags of microwave popcorn. I am awesome like that)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Pop popcorn and spread on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 30 min. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces. (If you like gooey popcorn balls, skip this step.)
This simple snack is perfect for my somewhat small and simple at-home Academy Awards party and will go perfectly with the amazing Twig and Thistle printables featured the other day.
Do you watch the Oscar’s?
We like to record them and scan through after the kids are in bed (we’re pretty hip like that).
I have to be honest. I haven’t watched nearly any of the movies nominated. Do you have a favorite? Any recommendations?
Oooh and just for fun. Here’s a fun recipe card you can print out:
If YOU’RE looking for some great last minute ideas or just want to file away a few for next year, be sure to check out my Academy Awards Pinterest Board.
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Along Came a Spider Printable Gift Tag - September 27, 2016
- Keeping it Real: My Struggle with Situational Depression - June 13, 2016
- How to Develop the Perfect Elevator Pitch - March 23, 2016