I love bananas and nearly always pick up a bunch while at the store, but I don’t always get around to eating them…and so they brown. They brown and brown and when they are about 10 seconds away from attracting pesky little fruit flies I mash them up and make banana bread.
What? You don’t have seasonal banana bread recipes? How can this be?
In the winter I make this delightful chocolate marbled banana bread. In the spring, I make a nice light, fluffy bread (I will have to blog that recipe this next year). I’ve relied on this super-yummy coconut banana bread with lime glaze from the Our Best Bites girls for a couple years now.
I digress…Back to my fall-tastic cinnamon nutmeg banana bread.
This bread is full of goodness, but it’s the cinnamon and nutmeg that really give this recipe its fall flavor.
- 2 c. sugar
- 2.5 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. banana (3-4 over ripe)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix together sugar, flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Fill bread pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for one hour. (I love all things mini including bread loaves. I cook those for about 35-40 min.)
The first time I made this recipe I actually had thought I burned it, but really the cinnamon and nutmeg just create a darker bread than you might typically be used to. Don’t worry when it’s a touch darker. Wait until you can poke it with a toothpick and have it come out clean before you pull it out of the oven.
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? If yours is a must try, I hope you will share it!
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- S’mores Mini Donuts - May 23, 2013
- Show & Tell Wednesday: Simple Summer Project Ideas - May 21, 2013
- Favorite Things Giveaway - May 19, 2013