Hi SNAP friends! Kimberly from A Night Owl here, and I’m so excited to be back with you today sharing another fun holiday craft! Last month I shared these adorable Holiday Stenciled Burlap Bags, did you like them? I was so tempted to make some for Valentine’s Day to share with you but decided to mix it up a little this month with this SWEET Conversation Heart Chalkboard! Don’t you think that conversation hearts just scream Valentine’s Day?! They’re one of my favorite aspects of the holiday…so when I found this cute little wooden heart frame at the craft store I had JUST the idea for it – turn it into a chalkboard!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden heart frame
- Chalkboard paint
- Acrylic paint
- Chalk/chalk pen
And the steps:
- Take the back out of the frame and paint the base of it with chalkboard paint.
- Paint enough layers for coverage and let it cure for 24 hours.
- Then paint your heart frame your desired “conversation heart” color.
- Once your chalkboard paint has cured, season it with chalk.
- Then write your sweet conversation heart phrase and return the back to the frame.
And voila! One adorable Conversation Heart Chalkboard! I went with “Be Mine” to start, but I told my husband that this chalkboard was for him and that I was going to write new love notes on it each day…
So go pick up a heart frame at your local craft store TODAY and make your own Conversation Heart Chalkboard! It’s so easy, but a cute way to usher Valentine’s Day into your home and daily routine. If you like this conversation heart craft, check out this fun collection of 50 Sweet Conversation Heart Recipes and Crafts!
Or do you like the idea of leaving a sweet note for your loved one each day? Check out our easy Framed Valentine’s Dry Erase Love Note!