Remember when crepe paper streamers and a “Happy Birthday” lettered banner were pretty much the extent of birthday party decorations? Well it was the standard at my house growing up, but boy things have changed!
The craziest party decoration I’ve ever made myself were these 8 foot tall surfboards for my son’s Surf’s Up party last summer. They took some time, but turned out fabulous!
There are so many fun, creative and relatively easy ideas to add pizzazz to your birthday celebration and make it memorable for the birthday boy or girl.
Today, I am sharing a twist on the standard crepe paper streamers I remember from childhood: fringed crepe paper streamers.
These streamers are simple, inexpensive and don’t require a whole lot of time.
Fringe Crepe Paper Streamers
All you need is crepe paper sheets (not the rolls) and a pair scissors.
I found the crepe paper sheets at my local party supply store (I couldn’t find them at the craft stores Michael’s or JoAnn’s though).
You could also buy a pair of Martha Stewart Crafts Fringe Scissors which would make this project even easier (have you tried these things, they are absolutely amazing).
1. Cut a 2-3″ piece of crepe paper from your large sheet
2. Cut slits to the center of your paper about 1/2″ apart
3. Cut slits down both sides of paper, making sure not to cut through to the other side
4. Separate and then ruffle/mess up one side of cut streamer
5. Ruffle other side and unroll to hang
You can use these fun streamers for all sorts of things.
Hang them from a chandelier…
In front of a window…
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Keeping it Real: My Struggle with Situational Depression - June 13, 2016
- How to Develop the Perfect Elevator Pitch - March 23, 2016
- Watercolor Fruit Treat Boxes - March 2, 2016