I am so very excited to welcome Beth, from Home Stories A to Z, as a participant in What’s in My Handbag.
I super enjoy Beth. She’s such generous person and I am so grateful to know her. One thing I really enjoy about Beth’s site is the strong sense of personal style and personality that shine through. In real life, Beth is exactly the type of person that she comes across as on her site.
I am excited to share a few of my favorite projects from her site…
1. Vintage Spools. These spools are absolute genius. Wouldn’t they be so interesting in a craft room or office?
2. Faux Coral. So smart! I need to do this for my beachy bathroom!
3. Entrway. Beth’s entryway is one of my favorite spaces in her house. So classic.
4. DIY Wall Art. This beachy natural artwork would make any bedroom feel so peaceful.
5. Pallet Art – Beth’s home is so light and bright! I love this lemony pallet art.
I hope you will pop over to Beth’s place to check out some of her other amazing projects and say hi!
What’s in My Handbag
Hi everyone! My name is Beth and I blog at Home Stories A to Z.
When Tauni asked me to do a post about the contents of my handbag I actually laughed out loud. Who in the world cares what’s in my purse? And yet, I would totally love to rummage through each of your handbags. Women carry the craziest things in their purses and you can tell a lot about a girl by what she stashes away in that abyss. So here is what I am currently carrying around with me today:
To make it a bit easier to see the jumble above, I have grouped the objects and numbered them. This is actually quite funny. I am NOT an organized person in my every day life and my purse is typically a mess. However I’m uber organized in my work life, therefore this post will be more organized than reality. It’s ironic and amusing, but I digress…
1. We have my iPhone, wallet, and a pair of sunglasses. I like to have options depending on what I’m wearing that day.
2. We’ll call this the “first aide” section of my purse. Band-Aids, a pad, and a random ice cream shop napkin. I always run out of tissues, so I grab extra napkins at fast food places in case of emergencies. It might seem crazy, but if you’ve ever been on the highway without a tissue during a MASSIVE allergy attack and had to resort to using your sock as said tissue then you might understand. Not that I’ve ever done that or anything *wink*.
3. I carry my mini-Moo business cards just in case. The ones below are more of my personal ones. I ran out of the business ones at Haven this year. The ruffly thing pictured below the cards is a cardigan sweater. I hate being cold in over-airconditioned buildings, so I carried this one around all summer with me. It came in very handy in restaurants and movie theaters.
4. I have a bazillion lip glosses, tinted chap-sticks, and lipsticks and most of them are so close in shade you can barely tell them apart. Right now, I am a big fan of Burt’s Bees chapstick and gloss, but I rarely wear just one product on my lips. I layer them on depending on my mood.
5. Do you know how women in magazines will talk about their favorite $60 pen and how they like the flow of the ink and the ergonomic feel of the pen? Yeah. I’m not that girl. Or maybe I am and just don’t know what I’m missing because I would never pay $60 for a pen. If the pen is free and contains ink, it’s a good pen by my standards. I’m also not a fan of germs so always carry some spray sanitizer. Gel is okay but it’s sticky, so I prefer the spray.
6. And here we have my rabies vaccination tag. I carry it around just in case I bite you . Okay, so we’ll call this the “Eowyn section” of my purse. Eowyn (Eh-oh-win) is my 6.5 lb pomeranian who could easily fit inside my purse! As a mom of two boys, I admittedly have turned into one of “those” dog owners. You know the type. The little hair bow says it all.
7. And here we have what I like to call the random purse section. I have a gift card to Kirkland’s for an upcoming sponsored post, a barrette, sunscreen, dessert gum, key to my husband’s car, perfume samples from Nordstroms, and a memory card containing summer video footage of me driving a mustang at a Ford blogger event. Yes, randomness.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my purse today . Feel free to leave a donation in that yellow wallet pictured in number one. Or you could come visit me at my blog for much less random posts on diy decorating! Thanks Tauni for inviting me over!
Oh my. I loved Beth’s post! Not only was it interesting, but she gave me the giggles. Thanks Beth!
If you haven’t already, pop over and see what’s in Rhoda’s handbag.