Friday, I shared my go to hot chocolate mix recipe with a peppermint twist.
Let’s be honest, if you’re going to have some peppermint hot chocolate, you’ve got to top it off with a little whipped cream. Today I thought I would share my go to homemade whipped cream recipe – so much more rich and tasty than the canned stuff.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 tps. pure vanilla
2 tblsp. powdered sugar
- Beat the cream and vanilla in a chilled bowl with a whisk or a mixer until they hold a loose peak.
- Sift the sugar over the cream and continue to beat the whipped cream until it holds a slightly stronger peak – don’t over beat it or it will look curdy.
- Refrigerate covered for up to four hours or freeze it for use in your mug a little later.
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Fourth of July DIY Paper Party Cups - July 1, 2015
- Show + Tell No. 171 - June 29, 2015
- Five Tried + True Drugstore Beauty Products for Summer - June 26, 2015