Though I was able to answer her, 140-characters just didn’t seem adequate so I thought I would expand on the topic just a bit today.
Trend spotting is used by professionals to fuel creative potential, identify trends and develop future business ideas. Ironically, one of their favorite spots to track down cutting edge ideas and future trends? Blogs.
So where does a blogger turn?
Here’s where I share a small confession. I like to be cutting edge. I love to try new things. But honestly, I am not an indie blogger and I also like to ride the crest of the latest trends. It’s marketable, you know?
There are several places I turn to seek inspiration and identify trends and I am going to share them with you today.
- Trend tracking websites like Trend Hunter, Trend Watching, Pantoneand Style
- Inspiration websites like ETSY, Pinterest, Houzz (love their iPhone app) and a variety of blogs
- Schools and Associations Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, International Interior Design Institute, and the Craft and Hobby Association
- Magazine editorial calendars (I posted a few favorites last week.)
I am really interested to learn where you seek out design trends. What are your favorite cutting edge sites or resources?
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Keeping it Real: My Struggle with Situational Depression - June 13, 2016
- How to Develop the Perfect Elevator Pitch - March 23, 2016
- Watercolor Fruit Treat Boxes - March 2, 2016