But I have to say, I am in love with the trendiest app of them all and I don’t care who knows it…Instagram is awesome!
I am not the only one who thinks so…The app was launched in last October and in its first six months of service (on one platform – iPhone) the photo sharing app gained more than 5 million users!
That’s pretty impressive, no?
For those of you unfamiliar with the app, it is a simple photo taking/sharing app that allows you to take photos, add a filter and share them on social media networks. It’s also a network of its own and allows following, followers, likes and comments.
Here’s a little sampling of some of the photos I’ve shared in the last few months:
So we’ve established that I love it, here are a few reasons I think you should love it to:
- Great images for inspiration.
- Fun photo filters take a phone photo from mediocre to brilliant.
- Ability to share amazing photos to other social media networks quickly.
- It’s free!
- Great add on applications.
- You can participate in Life Rearranged’s InstaFriday linky – what a great idea!
Speaking of add on applications, here are five of my favorites:
- Inkstagram is a site that allows you to view and manage you Instagram photos online, as well as add followers, like and comment. Also check out Extragram (similar, but I haven’t had a chance to try it out).
- Instabam allows you to view photos taken near you. Kind of cool. Maybe stalkerish.
- You can print your photos either poster sized with Printstagram or in little one inch squares with Instagoodies.
- Statigram is a site that provides you data and statistics on your account.
- MorningPics provides a little shot of inspiration from the past (your Instagram account) each morning.
So what do you think? Is Instagram here to stay, or is it a passing fad? Have you encountered any fun apps? Would love to hear your thoughts…
P.S. I hear a Droid version of this app is coming soon.
P.S.S. Interesting…word on the street is that Facebook is creating its own photo sharing app…Could this slow the apps growth?
P.S.S.S. I am loving the camera on my iPhone 4. Seriously. In. Love. I am really amazed at all of the great things you can do with it! I recently read this great tutorial on how to get the most out of your iPhone’s HDR setting. If you’ve got a phone like mine, you should check it out!