In this morning’s edition of What’s in My Handbag, we get a sneak peek into the handbag of Stacy, from Not Just a Housewife. You might remember Stacy from a July feature, where I shared a few of my favorite posts on her site.
She’s been busy since and I am excited to say, she’s shared tons more great stuff in the last month and a half! I thought I would share a few more of her awesome projects…
- Did you know that Stacy has a secret garden? It’s A-Mazing!
- Love her fun DIY cloche.
- You can’t miss the harlequin-style ceiling over her front porch.
What’s in My Handbag – Not Just a Housewife
The items in my purse vary day to day as my little boys take out my things and put in random objects of their own…
The things I put in there actually have a lot to do with having little boys – I carry just the basics because I hate having a heavy bag and plus lets face it, I hardly ever leave home!
- We are almost done with diapers (YAY!) but will always carry wipes. They are so handy for any mess.
- I am a pretty low maintenance girl so an elastic for my hair for it is gets hot (if it is not already in one) and chapstick and I am good to go.
- I have rocks almost always. I am not sure why. But sure enough, there are always there in the bottom with all the crumbs.
- I ALWAYS have handsanitizer because I am a (sort of) recovering germaphobe.
- I carry business cards because I get asked a lot at stores what I do.
- I have a notebook in there left over from a conference but I have kept it in there because I find it so nice to have paper on hand while out and about. You never know when inspiration will strike!
- My wallet is from college days. I didn’t use to carry a purse. I thought they were too girly. So I needed a big wallet to carry everything. (I finally broke down and bought my first purse a couple of years ago. I know….. I am pretty sure a few of you just gasped.)
- Gum… because every mom needs gum in her purse, right?
- Of course, my cell phone. I have almost had a cell phone for a year. I am slowly remembering to carry it with me and charge it. I am not quite as dependent on it as most people but I do love having one.
That is all there was in it today. I usually have some treats and hot wheels cars but they were gone today. I am pretty sure I can blame the same little person for both going MIA.
Stacy, thanks for sharing just a bit of your life with us. I love that you carry rocks in your purse. It makes me love you that much more!
Come back later this afternoon and check out what Linda has been carrying around with her!