Yes. You heard it. We’re kicking off the start of our second week online with a contest! The prize? One all inclusive ticket to SNAP! The Conference. In Salt Lake City, April 19-21. This ticket giveaway is the first of four ticket giveaways that will be hosted on the SNAP! blog this year.
Here’s how this contest is going to work. You blog about why you would like to attend SNAP! The Conference and why you deserve a free ticket. Link your entry up to the linky beginning Wednesday, May 11.
Beginning Saturday, May 21, we are going to allow the online community to vote (encourage your friends/readers/etc. to stop by and vote for you) for the individual they think should win the full conference pass. Voting will close Wednesday, May 25 at midnight MST.
SNAP! The Team will select the final winner from the top three vote recipients and two random.org selection. A winner will be announced Monday, May 30.
- Blog about this giveaway, sharing why you would like to attend SNAP! and deserve a free ticket by Friday, May 20 at midnight MST. In your post, please link to www.snaptheconference.com. Include the phrase “creative blogging and social media conference” or something similar.
- Link your post to the linky below beginning Wednesday, May 11. This linky will be open until Friday, May 20 at midnight.
- Display the SNAP! button on your blog.
- Follow the SNAP! blog.
- Starting Saturday, May 21 voting will be open to the public. Voting will close on Wednesday, May 25.
- We don’t want this to simply be a popularity contest. Participants may earn extra votes. In addition, two finalists will be selected randomly.
To earn extra votes:
- For one extra vote follow SNAP! on Twitter.
- For one extra vote like SNAP! on Facebook.
- For one an extra vote each day, you can share information about the contest on Twitter (make sure you mention @snapconf). You are only eligible to earn an extra vote AFTER your post has been linked up – the maximum number of extra votes from tweeting if you link up on Wednesday is 10.
- For one extra vote each day, you can share information about the contest on Facebook (make sure you link to SNAP! on FB). You can earn an extra vote every day on FB AFTER your post has been linked up – the maximum number of extra votes from FB posting if you link up on Wednesday is 10.
- For 10 extra votes incorporate a Youtube video into your post. Include SNAP! The Conference in the title of your Youtube post.
This contest is open to anyone who would like to participate. If you don’t have a blog, or your blog is private, please email your entry to admin at snaptheconference dot com by Friday, May 20.
Do the rules of this contest sound a little familiar? We were so impressed by the last contest run by our friend Mandi at Vintage Revivals, we built off of her best ideas.