Hi everyone! It’s me, Gina from Kleinworth & Co. I’m back today to share with you this decadent Red Velvet Bundt Cake w/ Kahlua Ganache I made last weekend for my family. Everyone in my family absolutely loves red velvet – anything red velvet. If you have been over to visit me in my space- you have seen first hand that I am in red velvet overload over there. I can’t seem to make enough red velvet goodies, especially this time of year. I have been having so much fun creating sweet treats all decorated in pink & red – I can’t believe LOVE-Day is almost here already.
It was great to have red velvet cake. I would typically top it with a cream cheese frosting – but this time I decided to make a Kahlua Ganache instead. I then topped it with a little sweetened coconut & some Valentine sprinkles. I love how it turned out. Perfect for celebrating with your sweetie.
This recipe is rich & decadent – the ganache is the perfect compliment to the dense red velvet. Of course I’m a huge fan of cake. My mom was a cake decorator for part of her life so I had the pleasure of growing up eating all sorts of cake scraps all the time. I always had the most elaborate cakes for the most mundane of occasions – but I absolutely loved it. With her cakes- my mom had a way of making one feel like they were the most important person in the room. Guess that is why I have such a fondness for cake. It truly is my all time favorite dessert.
Any excuse I can find to use my cake stands- I’ll take it. Something about placing your cake on a stand instead of a cake board or regular plate just makes it feel so special. Makes me smile every time.
Just look at that! We paired it with a little chocolate ice cream on the side. Mmmmmmm – thinking I need to make another.
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp red food color
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- Sweetened Coconut to sprinkle on top
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with Bakers Joy - I highly recommend this product, especially for bundt cakes
- In mixer bowl - beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food color, vinegar & vanilla.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking soda & cocoa.
- Beat on medium until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan & bake 45-60 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Once cool- invert onto plate & make your ganache.
- Top with sprinkles & coconut.
Don’t forget to come on over & grab the Kahlua Ganache Recipe I’m sharing at my place today.
Enjoy!!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
Want more Red Velvet?? Try these…