The weather around here has been unusual to say the least…It’s been oddly warm in Utah this winter, but if you follow SNAP! on Facebook you’ll know that we had a crazy, crazy storm over the weekend.
The cold weather has me thinking of all things cozy…
Comfy chairs, soft blankets, good books, soups and warm slow cooker meals.
I spent much of the weekend curled up under a blanket enjoying a good book. It’s been nice to get back to a little book reading lately…
Blogging has cause me to abandon some of my favorite hobbies and I am determined for more balance this year.
I’ve finished The Hunger Games series (can’t wait for the movie), The Book Thief, Band of Rivals and the Nicholas Flamel series. It’s been lovely.
What books are you engrossed in these days? I am always looking for a good recommendation.
Since I was being totally lazy, I opted for a slow cooker meal. So easy!
Slow cooker chili is a great option for lazy winter weekends, busy weekdays or even Super Bowl celebrations.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with liquid
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
Brown your meat on the stove. Drain grease. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low heat.
Top with sour cream, cheese and green onions.
Do you make slow cooker meals? What’s you favorite?
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Keeping it Real: My Struggle with Situational Depression - June 13, 2016
- How to Develop the Perfect Elevator Pitch - March 23, 2016
- Watercolor Fruit Treat Boxes - March 2, 2016