There was one film I was dying to see in the theaters this year that I didn’t get to see – Snow White and the Huntsman. It looked like the perfect blend of fierce chick and fantasy. The movie is now available for purchase on Blue-Ray/DVD and I couldn’t resist a little viewing party…
To mark the celebration, I made a fun red candy apple recipe.
8 craft sticks
2 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. hot water
1/2 c. Red Hots
1. Prepare a baking sheet to hold your apples. You will want to line it with aluminum foil, sprayed with cooking oil so the candied apples don’t stick. A little note? Don’t try wax paper. It never works.
2. Wash and dry your apples. Remove the stems and stick craft sticks (or whatever you’ve decided to use as a skewer) firmly into the apple.
3. Combine water, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and the liquid in the pan is clear.
5. Continue to cook without stirring, unti l the mixture reaches 250 degrees.
6. Once your mixture reaches 250 degrees add the red hots and stir until they are blended well. Continue to cook until the candy reaches 285 degrees.
7. Remove from the heat and stir the candy until it’s smooth, even and there are relatively no air bubbles.
8. Hold your apple by the skewer and dip it into the candy. I found that tilting the pan and rotating the apple to cover it works best. A light coat will work best. My candy was a little bit heavy…
The apples will keep, so this is a great treat to make in advance.
Snow White and the Huntsman Movie Review
I have to admit that I was a little nervous about this movie for a few reasons, but let’s talk about the main hurdle…Kristen Stewart fairer than Charlize Theron? I don’t know about that. I am happy to report that outside of being a little…shall we say, awkward and angst ridden? I actually didn’t mind the Twihlight starlet at all.
The film has some pretty fantastical cinematography, brilliant costumes, delightfully dark art direction and a great performance by Charlize Theron as the evil queen Ravenna. Additionally it features the traditional dwarves, poison apple and true loves kiss. All of these add up to a great film that I truly wish I would have seen in theaters.
The movie is now available for everyone to enjoy a little at home viewing. The combo pack on sale includes an extended version of the film not shown in theaters (which is what I watched), as well as a Digital Copy of the film, compatible with iPhone®, iTunes®, iPad®, iPod®, iPod® touch, Android or online retail partners – Woot!
I recommend your grab a copy!
One lucky reader is going to win a Snow White and the Huntsman combo pack!
To enter simply leave a comment letting us know what your favorite fairytale is and then enter via the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
- Winner chosen at random using Raffelcopter.
- This giveaway begins: 9/13/2012 and runs through 9/20/2012.
- You must be a 18 years or older and live in one of the 48 contiguous states in the United States to be eligible to win this prize.
I was provided an advance copy of Snow White and the Huntsman by Universal. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Along Came a Spider Printable Gift Tag - September 27, 2016
- Keeping it Real: My Struggle with Situational Depression - June 13, 2016
- How to Develop the Perfect Elevator Pitch - March 23, 2016