The Super Bowl is coming up in less than three weeks. It’s Sunday, February 3rd, to be exact. Whether you’re hosting the big game at your house or watching it somewhere else, finger foods and appetizers are usually the main attraction (besides the commercials, of course!), so I thought I’d share a yummy Super Bowl party appetizer for you to try.
For New Year’s Eve we went to a friend’s house and I made a delicious red velvet cheese ball that you may have seen on Pinterest. It was a huge hit with everyone, so I thought I’d make a variation for the Super Bowl party or any football party—a football red velvet cheese ball.
Football Red Velvet Cheese Ball Recipe
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 T. brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 T. white chocolate chips
Assorted cookies and crackers
1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add cake mix, powdered sugar and brown sugar. Mix until well blended.
2. Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a football shape, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Unwrap cheese ball and place on serving tray. Use white chocolate chips to make the laces on the football and cover remainder of ball with mini chocolate chips.
4. Serve with your choice of cookies or graham crackers.
I served my red velvet cheese ball with Nilla Wafers and Mini Graham Crackers and both were delish! I guarantee this appetizer will be the hit of the party!
Latest posts by Holly @ Paisley Petal Events (see all)
- Celebrating R&R Workshop’s Blogiversary with a Giveaway! - January 29, 2014
- Easy Classroom Birthday Treats - September 19, 2013
- Mini Necktie Bunting - June 18, 2013