There are some people that you’re just drawn to. The type you would love to have as your next door neighbor, hang out and just plain enjoy. Today’s What’s in My Handbag guest Brooke, from The Crafting Chicks, is that sort of girl. I just love her.
The Crafting Chicks have a super-popular site just chock full of amazing crafty goodness. Every single one of them is talented, but today I wanted to highlight a few of Brooke’s projects.
I hope you will pop over to The Crafting Chicks and say hello to Brooke!
What’s in My Handbag: Crafting Chick Brooke
Hi, I’m Brooke and I’m one of The Crafting Chicks!
I honestly can’t believe I’m dumping out my purse and revealing what’s lurking deep inside! I’m feeling brave (or crazy!)….so here we go!
I have a turquoise Olivia Kaboo bag that I love. It can fit a TON of stuff—the pile kept getting bigger and bigger as I emptied it out on the floor.
While I no longer need to tote around a diaper bag (my youngest is 4), I still lug around plenty of mom-ish stuff so I’m glad the purse is cute even if the inside is a mess!
After throwing away some of the garbage and getting it all organized and arranged on the table, this is truly what was left. I’ll be honest, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve cleaned out my bag so it was fun to find some things I’d been looking for. HA!
1. iPad in a cute cover
2. Sunglasses (grabbed those at Ross)
3. My iphone–I am TICKED that I dropped it last week and pretty much shattered it. October was a rough month for me! It still works, but any day now I’m going to get a sliver. Bummer.
4. A case for my spectacles! (in case you haven’t noticed, I love turquoise!)
5. Contact gear–solution, cases, spare contacts. LASIK is on my wish list then I can get rid of all of that!
7. TUMS Freshers–never leave home without them!
8. Neosporin On-the-Go. I have three kids and someone always seems to need a spray of this whenever we go somewhere. Where are the bandaids? Where’s the hand sanitizer? Who knows.
10. Pack of cute thank you cards (I think I got this in my SNAP ’12 swag!). Trying to be better at sending them out.
12. My sweet sweet father-in-law passed away 3 weeks ago of complications from Leukemia and Lymphoma. We miss him so much! I have the funeral program, a sympathy card from a neighbor and a DVD slideshow that I made for the viewing still in my purse.
13. On a lighter note, here is a stack of my Crafting Chicks business cards that I stick in a little mini purse.
14. A whole bunch of pens, a pencil and a Sharpie of course. The first 3 pens are my favorite kind of pen! They are usually at the bottom of my purse and I can never find them.
15. Hair stuff–a bow, some little clippies, frankly I’m surprised that there weren’t more hair thingies in there for my 2 daughters.
16. Snacks! Do you think I have enough gum? Seriously, 4 boxes in there. Along with some fruit leather from Costco (the kids call them “Daddy Fruit Snacks”), a Fiber One bar and a candy bar from my kids’ school fundraiser. Can’t go wrong with chocolate + caramel. Maybe I’ll eat that right now. Oh, and an empty Ice Breakers Orangeade one of my kids stuck in there at some point.
17. One of my new favorite lip balms–It’s called eos that Igot at Target (mine is the Pomegranate Raspberry flavor). I love its shape!
18. My favorite lip gloss. BUXOM Lips in 2 colors, can be found at Sephora. Makes your lips all tingly.
19. Another favorite chapstick, Refreshing Pink Grapefruit from Burt’s Bees. Can you tell I’m more of a lip gloss person than a lipstick person?
Oh, let’s not forget that random little seashell in the corner. What?
20. Various tapes: measuring tape (necessary for those DIY and craft projects!) and 2 things of scotch tape. Just in case.
21. Paint swatches from Home Depot. I’m trying to possibly find a good gray for my craft room!
22. Kid stuff: Lala Loopsy magnet set, random halloween Happy Meal toy, Leapster game cartridge, crayons from Outback Steakhouse? Random I say!
23. Spare USB flash drives
24. Mini notebook for jotting notes. I’m a sucker for cute little notebooks. I’m also a pen-and-paper girl, even though I have the “notes” on my iphone–I still love writing lists by hand and crossing them off.
25. There’s the missing cap from my Canon 7D 50mm lens! Yessss!
26. Foot cream. Does anyone else have dry/cracky heels? Just bought this a few weeks ago at Target and I’m hoping it cures my cracky feet.
27. A stack of miscellaneous gift cards, old membership cards I think I stuck in there after cleaning out a junk drawer…. I swear I even saw an old Blockbuster card in there! Things that make you go hmmmmmm…..
* And a ratty old straw with the wrapper still on? Super glad I had THAT in my bag, hee hee!
Oh. And I can’t forget the big pile of receipts. For the life of me, I have a hard time wrangling dang receipts!! So this is what they look like in my purse constantly.
So there you have it! Thanks Tauni for letting me
embarrass myself share what’s in my handbag! Come visit us at The Crafting Chicks for lots of creative ideas!
Oh Brooke, I do adore you! Thanks so much for sharing your handbag with us today!
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- Show + Tell No. 171 - June 29, 2015
- Five Tried + True Drugstore Beauty Products for Summer - June 26, 2015
- Show + Tell No. 170 - June 22, 2015