It’s time for another installment of What’s in My Handbag…This week my guest is Vivienne, from The V Spot Blog. I have never met a more energetic, enthusiastic, all around fun person. I love this lady!
One of my favorite things about Viv, is that she writes with humor. Her posts are always uplifting and I always learn something…Here are a few of my more recent favorites…I am going a little heavy on the Halloween, but she’s got some great ideas here and I am all about fall!
1. Owl Ombre Art – I love the colors in this piece…I am seriously thinking about trying something similar myself.
2. Wine Cork Art – All right, so I don’t drink wine, but I have a super soft spot for wine cork art and I love Viv’s take!
3. Chicken Chili – If Viv lived anywhere close to me I would be begging for a bowl of this today.
4. Funkins – Are the fake, or are they real? Pop over to see how Viv made funkins look like pumpkins!
5. Houndstooth Duck Tape Pumpkin – need I say more?
If all that goodness wasn’t enough, Viv is one of the brains behind SoCal Social - a super fun girls getaway weekend in California.
The next event is right around the corner and I think they may have just a few spots left! If you’re in California, you definitely should check this one out…
And without further ado, let’s dive right into her bag!
What’s in My Handbag
Hi! I’m Vivienne and I blog over at The V Spot. When Tauni asked me what’s in my handbag? I was curious about that myself.
As I tried to number these items, I realized I didn’t photograph them in a very neat or structured way, but then again, this crazy mess is truly representative of the black hole that is my handbag.
1. Gum & Mints. If you ever want/need a mint or a stick of gum, I’m your girl! I am paranoid that I will have bad breath and no one will tell me! (And that’s not something you can discover on your own and fix it like spinach on your tooth or toilet paper on your shoe…)
2. My phone. No explanation needed, right? This is something I would turn around and go back for if I left home without it. (Along with the gum. I’d go back for that too.)
3. My “kangaroo bag”. This is so named because it is supposed to have your basics in it and it should be able to “hop” from purse to purse when you change your bag.
4. Water. What if I get thirsty? What if I’m in a meeting and I get a tickle in my throat? I worry about these things, people.
5. Sunglasses. I hate to be all squinty. Also, I don’t always put on make-up.
6. Wallet. (Which I think holds more paint chips and Starbucks gift cards with balances of less than $1 than it does money…)
7. Business cards. I rarely need to give them out, but it’s nice to be prepared.
8. Check book. (Yes, I still write checks on occasion. Weird, right?)
9. Keys. This is one of 3 places they might be. (They are rarely hanging up on the key rack.)
10. Ear plugs. One never knows when there might be an impromptu concert or jack-hammering going on. (Also, the older I get, I find I can take a nap almost anywhere as long as I have quiet.)
11. Ponytail holder. To be completely honest, I was shocked that there was only one in here and that it was in good shape. (As opposed to 15 of them and they’re so stretched out that they’re useless.)
12. Tissues. Better to have them and not need them…
13. Measuring tape. Assuming I remember what size table/bookcase/couch I’m looking for, this is invaluable when shopping. (And this one even has a built in level and post-it notes!)
14. Nail polish. It’s quick dry and great for touch ups.
15. Chapstick. Always, always, always. (I can quit anytime I want.)
16. Receipts & coupons. I try to clean them out of there regularly, but they settle down at the bottom and then it just seems like to much trouble to sort them out.
17. Loose change & bobby pins. I am the girl, digging through her purse in front of a parking meter… Yes, my wallet has a change compartment, but I can’t seem to remember to keep it zipped. (The good news? While scrounging for change, I usually find that receipt I had been looking for.)
18. Cars. There’s always at least one. (Or a Tech Deck skateboard.)
19. Mirror. (To see if I need one of those tissues, or to check for spinach.)
20. Lipstick. (I do try to use the mirror for this too.)
21. Pens & a Sharpie. You just never know when you’ll need a permanent marker.
22. Trash. Mostly empty gum wrappers. I. Do. Not. Litter. And if there isn’t a trash can nearby, I pack them home with me. The problem is that I forget to clean them out.
So then what are the essentials in the Kangaroo Bag that go with me no matter what…? I guess we could also call this my Worry Bag.
1. Antihistamines, anti-itch cream & an Epi-pen. Because bugs find me magically delicious… I worry that I’ll be itchy. (Or in anaphylactic shock.)
2. Antacids & Lactose pills. Because I get tummy aches and Hubs eats dairy when he shouldn’t…
3. Tylenol or Advil. Because I get headaches.
4. Reading glasses. Because I’m going blind.
5. Ear plugs. Because I don’t want to go deaf.
6. Perfume and/or body spray. Because I worry that I might be stinky.
7. Matches. Because I don’t like hiccups*.
8. Lotion. Because I don’t like dry skin.
9. Antibacterial gel. Because I’m slightly germaphobic.
10. Sunscreen. Because you should wear it every day, and sometimes need to reapply.
11. Lipstick. In case I can’t find some in the “main” bag.
12. Pen. In case I can’t find one in the “main” bag.
13. Corkscrew. Always carry a corkscrew and the wine will provide itself. (My personal motto.)
14. Orthodontic case. I need a safe place to keep my braces, should I need to take them out when away from home.
15. Purse hook. This is great at restaurants so you don’t have to set your bag on the floor. It hangs from the table.
16. More gum wrappers. (Fall-out from the main bag.)
17. More tissue.
18. More gum.
*By the way, a sure fire cure for hiccups: Take a glass and fill it halfway with water. Take two or three matches, light them all at once and immediately drop them into the water glass and put them out. Quickly, drink the water, taking deep breaths as you do so. You’re drinking quickly and breathing in the fumes/gasses that the matches release. It stops the hiccups. I carry them with me now, because it’s surprisingly hard to find anyone who carries matches on them.
But now you know… if you see me at SNAP this April, I can totally hook you up with matches and gum!
Oh my gosh, thank you Viv! I loved learning what’s in your bag…And thanks for the hiccup test too. I always get them and I have tried everything…at least I thought I had!
Latest posts by Tauni (see all)
- S’mores Mini Donuts - May 23, 2013
- Show & Tell Wednesday: Simple Summer Project Ideas - May 21, 2013
- Favorite Things Giveaway - May 19, 2013