I love creating classroom Valentine’s, they are a true favorite. However, this year I wanted to make some “grown up” Valentine’s Day gifts as well. Enter….Valentine’s sugared almonds.
I LOVE sugared almonds. I make them around the holidays for all of my friends and neighbors. This year, I had some extra almonds on hand and decided to whip up a batch for Valentine’s Day.
They’re so simple to make and I PRETEND that I can still keep up with my New Year’s resolution…I mean, honestly, they’re nuts…forget about the sugar they’re covered in.
Sugared Almonds Recipe
3 c. raw almonds
1 c. sugar
1/2 tblsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
Heat a large skillet or cast iron pan to medium-high heat, add almonds and pour sugar mixture on top. Give almonds and cinnamon sugar a quick stir.
Mix together water and vanilla. Pour liquid over the top of the nuts.
Stir constantly with a large spoon or spatula, coating the almonds.
Keep stirring until the sugar mixture for about 8-10 minutes until it dries and crystalizes.
Pour nuts onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper to cool.
Start to finish in about 10 minutes – that’s all kinds of awesome!
I put the sugared almonds in these cute little to go containers and tied them up with string.
Any good Valentine needs a little tag though and so I created these fun wood grain tags that say, “I’m nuts about you.”
Now, because I am completely immature, I will let you know that the tags include instructions on warming up the almonds (they’re so much better warm) and we’ve been joking endlessly about warming your nuts up for Valentine’s Day…No I am not 12, I just play a 12-year-old in life.
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid (That’s me! // Follow me on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue // Follow Desiree on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
Starting this month, we are going to be hosting a monthly Year of Celebrations Pinterest Party with the goal of creating THE most comprehensive, inspiring Pinterest board on the block. Each and every month, we’ll be focusing on a different holiday or celebration, and we’re kicking everything off this month with a party focused entirely on the day of love: Valentine’s Day!
Here are all of the details for how YOU can participate (and get entered to win some amazing American Crafts goodies in the process!) THIS Sunday, January 26 at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST
How you can participate:
- Round up YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day projects and recipes. Anything goes: crafts, decor, classroom valentine ideas, sweet treats, and more!
- Comment on this post and leave a link to YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or recipe.
- Tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations
- On Sunday, January 26, tune in at the appointed time and watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
- Be sure to follow along during the party to repin and comment on the board’s posts using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations.
One lucky party participant will walk away with $200 in DIY party products from American Crafts!