So, what’s in a name? Well, a lot actually. Naming your blog or your business is one of the most important steps toward success. Your name is the first thing people hear, it’s the thing they see when they look at your business cards and website.
When deciding how we wanted to move forward with this community, we spent days on the name. The thesaurus and dictionary become our best friend.
There are a number of things that we considered when selecting the name:
- We wanted something SHORT – one or two syllables
- It had to be memorable – bring attention and have a “rhythm” to it
- Does it reflect the appropriate personality? Help drive attention and excitement?
- Is it unique?
- Will it resonate with our audience?
- It had to be easy to pronounce and remember
- Whatever we chose couldn’t restrict our potential for growth.
- Is the URL available? What about the Twitter handle and Facebook URL?
It’s a lot to consider and we thought through it all, but then at the end of the day what it really came down to is, did it feel right?
In the end, SNAP! just felt right. It’s fun. It’s exciting. It brings you to attention.
Of course, you could just give it all up and go to a name generator online. Although I warn you, that could lead you to a name like Creepy Creative Creams…
So what do you think? What does SNAP! mean to you?