Hi WordPress users! Today I am going to show you how to offer a free printable on WordPress with your blog readers.
As a blogger a great way to gain traffic and give back to your readers is with a free printable! It could be a free printable party decor, holiday tag, invitations, wall art, game, kids coloring page, etc…. Really the options are endless! And I think we can all agree that the amount of beautiful free printables out there is pretty amazing.
Here are the step-by-step directions on how to share a free printable with your blog readers.
For this example I am going to use a post and free printable I wrote on my blog, The Small and Simple Things Printable. My blog is a self-hosted WordPress site.
1. Create the printable that you would like to offer your readers. This can be done in Photoshop, Word, Google Docs, or basically any photo/text editing program that will allow you to save as a .PDF.
2. Write the post. Upload photos and write the text for your post.
3. Upload the PDF to your blog’s media library. Click the ‘Add media” icon while you are composing a post (just like you would to add a photo) and upload the PDF. Once it is uploaded don’t be freaked out if there isn’t a preview image for your file. You are just hosting the file. Not making a preview of it.
4. Copy the URL to the File. Make sure you file is selected and then copy this link to the media in the bottom right hand side.
5. Add the link for the printable in the post content. Now you will want to exit out of the “add media” area and return back to the post you are composing. Somewhere in your post (probably towards the bottom) you will want to have a the link for readers to click to download the printable. Go ahead and type the text “Download” (or whatever wording you want) and then highlight the text and link it to the url you just copied.
If you have any questions leave them in the comment box!
Don’t have a blog yet but want to start one?